Canadian bacon, also known as back bacon, is a delectable alternative to traditional bacon. It boasts a leaner cut and a distinctive flavor that sets it apart. In this guide, I’ll teach you how to cook Canadian bacon for breakfast in 4 different ways.
1. How To Cook Canadian Bacon in Air Fryer
Begin by preheating your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). While it’s heating up, arrange the sliced Canadian bacon in a single layer on the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding, as this can lead to uneven cooking.
Cook the bacon for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time for even crispiness. Keep an eye on it, as cooking times may vary based on the thickness of the slices and the power of your air fryer.
2. How To Cook Canadian Bacon on Stove
Start by heating a non-stick skillet or frying pan over medium heat. No additional oil is needed, as Canadian bacon has a natural fat content.
Place the sliced bacon in the heated skillet, ensuring that they don’t overlap. Cook each side for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
For a slightly caramelized finish, you can sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar on each slice just before flipping.
3. How To Cook Canadian Bacon in Oven
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place a wire rack on a baking sheet to allow for even air circulation around the bacon slices.
Arrange the Canadian bacon on the wire rack, ensuring they are not touching. This allows the hot air to circulate, resulting in a crispy texture.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the bacon is golden brown and slightly crispy. For a smokier flavor, you can brush the slices with a light layer of maple syrup or honey before baking.
4. How To Cook Canadian Bacon in Microwave
Lay a few slices of Canadian bacon between paper towels on a microwave-safe plate. The paper towels will absorb excess moisture and prevent splattering.
Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds per slice, or until the bacon reaches your desired level of crispiness. Keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave.
5. What To Do With Canadian Bacon
Canadian bacon is a versatile ingredient that can elevate a variety of dishes. Here are some creative ideas:
- Breakfast Sandwiches: Layer slices of Canadian bacon on a toasted English muffin with a fried egg and cheese for a hearty breakfast sandwich.
- Quiches and Frittatas: Add diced Canadian bacon to quiches or frittatas for an extra burst of flavor.
- Salads: Toss chopped Canadian bacon into salads for a savory twist.
- Pizza Toppings: Use thinly sliced Canadian bacon as a pizza topping, complemented by your favorite cheeses and vegetables.
- Wraps and Rolls: Roll up Canadian bacon with cream cheese, herbs, and vegetables for a delightful appetizer.
Now, you can confidently cook delicious Canadian bacon to suit your preferences. Whether you opt for the air fryer, stove, oven, or microwave, each method offers a unique approach to bringing out the best in Canadian bacon.